I finally had enough extra money to have my hair cut the other day. She did a great job, I'll probably go back there. All the barber/hairdressers were Korean ladies. I got a neck massage out of the deal as well.
Seven more Sundays and the Sunday School year is over. I'm looking forward to going back to an adult class. The Children's Division Director already has someone to take my place.
I've been forcing myself to eat 3 vegetable and 2 fruit servings every day. It's amazing what that does for the digestive tract. I'll probably add another vegetable soon. "They" always say to eat more veggies but I didn't think it was all that important. I'm a believer now.
I still haven't taken photos of the drawings that I've done recently and we haven't taken any road trips because the gas prices are too high. But I still have some photos that I can use for the photo of the day that I haven't used before. At least I don't think I've used them before.
Photo of the day, I took this photo a few weeks ago when we were out riding around and checking out the little country cemeteries.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your will;
so that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.
-Reinhold Niebuhr

1 comment:
It is definitely a hardscrabble existence for OK farmers, I think. I've read many stories of the dustbowl days. Hoping no matter the weather that you and Bill stay safe!
Post a Comment