Friday, April 15, 2011

FIRE!

There are fires north, south, east and west of us.  The wind is blowing 50 miles an hour and making it extremely difficult to control the fires.  We so desperately need rain here.  Usually this time of the year we're worrying about tornadoes.  I'm not sure which is worse though, severe storms or fires, both can cause loss of life and property.  So far, on the news, they said there haven't been any homes lost and no injuries either.  Thank you Lord.

Well I'm up to eating 4 veggies and 2 fruits every day.  It's not easy, veggies are very filling, there's no room for very much junk food.  That's rough because I'm a junk food lover but I'm really developing a preference for veggies and fruit.  They make my digestive tract very happy, so it's worth it. 

We bought the latest Harry Potter movie, part 1.  Bill has definitely become a fan.  Normally I would wait a while before buying movies, give the price time to come down but he didn't want to wait.  He want's to see it now.  I think we'll have to wait until July before we get the last movie, part 2.  The book was excellent, I hope they don't make a lot of changes for the movie.  We'll find out tomorrow when we watch it.

Photo of the day, probably a rerun, I don't remember if I posted it before or not.  This is a caboose, duh. 

















The young pine knows the secrets of the ground, the old pine knows the stars.
-Author Unknown

5 comments:

Ice Queen said...

Stay safe, you two. I hope that the fires stay far away from you.

And the tornadoes, too.

*does a rain dance for my friend*

Autumn Leaves said...

Hoping those fires can be contained and quickly! Glad to know you are safe so far. Please take steps to stay that way! I love old trains...

April said...

I hope you get some rain soon! I was worried about you guys with all the tornadoes going through a few days ago.

Fruits and veggies are great aren't they? I'm so glad to see you're enjoying them. Are you still gluten free? I went back to gluten for a month when it was hard to get some gluten free bread here - and regretted it. My stomach felt queasy during that time. So I just need to make the long trek to the store not very close to us. I've still not made a loaf I really like; they're more like quick breads and not the right texture. Guess I shou...

SchnauzerMom said...

I gave up gluten free quite a while ago and I feel fine. Eating lots of veggies helps.

Unknown said...

Wow, I hope you guys get some rain soon! With the drought and the fires, and the tornadoes, it has been a difficult time for the south!
It sounds like you are eating super healthy! Good for you! It is hard to get a lot of veggies in. I used to juice, which helped me get a lot more, but it was so time consuming.