Monday, April 25, 2011

Rain

It was cloudy all day yesterday and we got rain and drizzle most of the day.  Wonderful stuff.  We had church in the morning and then all the afternoon off.  So we took a little drive in the rain it was really nice.  Some of the weather was supposed to be severe but we didn't run into it.  I think it passed north of us.  There are some storms west of us right now.  I don't know if they'll hold together long enough to make it here though.

We canceled Dish Network the other day.  We hardly ever watch TV, we mostly watch DVD's instead.  We had all these news channels, sports channels, music and stuff that we just didn't watch.  We are going to get basic cable service so that we will have the local channel, watch the weather report and so on.  Haven't done that yet though.  I'm keeping track of the weather on the computer.

I'm still hanging in there with the veggies, they're starting to taste better all the time. 

I've done a lot of drawing but still haven't taken any photos of it.  I am going to use one of my drawings in the window of the church library.  I've decorating the window the last few months.  It's been fun.  I was looking on the computer for a photo of a mother and child but decided to use one of my drawings instead.  We also got a few figurines of momma and baby animals.  May has 3 holidays so I'll be switching the decor out for each holiday.  Mother's Day, Armed Forces Day and Memorial Day.  Bill has lots of good ideas too.  So far people are enjoying what we are doing. 

We went out yesterday with the idea of taking some photos but it was raining too much so, no new photos.  Actually this is a new photo as far as this blog is concerned.  I've never used it here.  But it's been a while since I took it.  I thought it was interesting the way the needles are growing out of the side of the tree.

















Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the photograph and so glad to hear you finally got some much needed rain. Your window decorating sounds like fun indeed and something that you would enjoy for quite awhile. I still look forward to seeing your paintings/drawings.

April said...

I've never seen pine needles coming out of the tree trunk like that!

I'm glad ya'll got some rain. We've had lots lately and it's been good at keeping the pollen at bay this year.

Jules said...

I think we must have got the terrible weather instead!