Starting tomorrow I'm going back into an adult Sunday School class. I've been in 5th grade for 2 years now, it's time to move on. I may go back into Childrens Ministry eventually but right now I need a break.
I finished all the Harry Potter books the other day. I really enjoyed them, a good story. I love a good story. I thought about reading the Lord of the Rings again but I think I need a little rest first. Harry Potter was pretty intense and Lord of the Rings definitely is.
I finally got around to scanning in some of the drawings that I made. Not all of them of course, I have several sketch books full that I've done over the years. I like to sit and look at them.
Yesterday Bill and I decorated the church library window for Flag Day. We're having a lot of fun doing it. We need to keep an eye out for Father's Day stuff next. The 4th of July is going to be a big deal too. We have a lot of things that we've collected for that.
Weather report, hot and dry. I have a feeling our rainy season is over. It didn't last very long. Back to drought.
Photos of the day, some of my drawings. The scanner made them look a little weird, hopefully I can fix that next time. First some of the colored pencil drawings. Next time I'll show some of the graphite or black and white drawings. They are based on photos from magazines.
I see His blood upon the rose
And in the stars the glory of His eyes,
His body gleams amid eternal snows,
His tears fall from the skies.
I see His face in every flower;
The thunder and the singing of the birds
Are but His voice-and carven by His power
Rocks are His written words.
All pathways by His feet are worn,
His strong heart stirs the ever-beating sea,
His crown of thorns is twined with every thorn,
His cross is every tree.




2 comments:
The drawings/colored pencil pieces are awesome Kathy! I love the tree especially (what kind of tree is that?) and the portrait! You have such skill and talent!
I'm not sure what kind of tree it is. It's in Madagascar (I think), National Geographic magazine. Thanks!
Post a Comment