Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Replacement

As of Monday morning Mr. Grouch was replaced.  He still has a job but with less responsibility since he can't seem to handle it very well.  He seems happy about it so far.  We're not really concerned with whether or not he loses his temper since it doesn't affect us anymore.  His replacement is a man we have known for years.  He said if Mr. Grouch causes us any trouble to let him know and he will deal with it.  He can too, he was a police officer for many, many years.  Doesn't scare easily.  Bill is actually happy to go to work now, more relaxed.  The atmosphere is definitely more relaxed. 

I finished another colored pencil drawing last night of a lynx.  I'll scan it in later.  I'm trying to do a little drawing every day.  I'd like to get my paints out too one of these days.  I guess I should quit using National Geographic and Smithsonian photos and use my own instead.  But, they have such interesting and exotic stuff.  I think I'll just use all 3 sources for inspiration, magazines and my own photos.  Bill takes good photos too.  I've used some that he took when he was in the air force in Alaska.

We're thinking about taking up ceramics again.  We used to do that a lot years ago.  It was fun and makes good gifts.

Our pastor's little dog, Julio passed away recently.  I can sympathize with him.  It hurt a lot to lose Scruffy.  That's the price we pay for loving.

Photos of the day, some more of my drawings.  Once again based on magazine photos.  The last one is Jane Goodall. 






















They tell us that plants are perishable, soulless creatures, that only man is immortal, but this, I think, is something that we know very nearly nothing about.
-John Muir

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Amazing work, Kathy. My goodness but you are so amazingly talented!

April said...

Ohhhh... I like these black and white drawings... they are beautiful; you are quite talented!