It was only in the 90's today, this morning it was really nice and cool when I took Sassy out. Unfortunately the heat will return soon. It's hard to believe that it's the first day of Summer. It feels like summer has been with us for quite a while. Maybe we will have an early fall. More likely we will have at least 3 more months of heat.
The transition from one boss to the next has had it's ups and downs. Mr. Grouch does not let go easily. Fortunately his replacement is not easily intimidated. Our new boss is a great guy. He stands up for us and treats us like equals instead of like illegal aliens. The lady who is the Children's Division Director is also a difficult person to work with. She is always complaining and criticizing. Finds fault with everything and everyone. That's a sad way for a Christian to be. She thinks Bill and I are not doing our job right. A few years ago she chewed me out and said that I should work late or come in and work at night so that the buildings will be presentable. Fortunately she is not my boss and I don't answer to her. The pastor and associate pastor don't listen to her either. I think that if they could find a replacement for her she would be out the door. Apparently that's a hard position to fill and she does do a good job in it in spite of a very bad attitude. Today she had a run-in with our new boss and he stood up for us.
I've finished a few drawings and last night I finished an oil pastel. It didn't come out exactly like I wanted but it's good practice. I think I got the composition down good. I've set my easel up. I've been painting signs for the Clothes Closet and it's inspired me to start painting again. As soon as I decide on a subject. I found a really good book on soft pastels so I'll probably pull them out pretty soon and attempt something.
My sister-in-law wanted me to make a couple of quilts for her but I've pretty much stopped quilted, knitting and crocheting. Those things hurt my hands so much. Drawing and painting doesn't hurt. I guess I don't grip the brush or pencil as tightly as I grip needles.
One of the reasons I haven't been posting as much as I'd like is because I felt compelled to end my post with either a scripture verse or some other saying. Sometimes I'm just not inspired to put anything in that spot. So I think I'll stop doing it unless I come across something that I'd really like to share.
Photos of the day, more pencil drawings.






1 comment:
These are all absolutely amazing, Kathy! So well done, truly. I wish I had even an iota of your talent.
I'm with you...knitting also hurts my hands. The weaving is a bit of an outlet there, but my heart always goes back to art (drawing, painting). You'd think I'd have improved by now, but alas, it is apparently not to be.
Post a Comment