We're 10 inches behind in rain. I've heard that it's the driest that it's been since the Dust Bowl era. We're not having the big dust storms that they had because the farmers changed their plowing practices and we have more grassland now. But, never the less, it's still bad out there. The worst part is that we have all these clouds around here. Yesterday we had banks of clouds that normally I would say we were going to get a lot of rain. But we got nothin', zilch. The promise of rain but no follow through.
The 4th of July was really quiet. The majority of the people respected the ban. I'm glad, the fire danger is very, very high.
I've heard it said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. That's where I am with the gluten free thing. I know for a fact, a proven fact, that my body can't tolerate gluten but I continue eating the stuff somehow hoping that if I ignore it, it will go away. Doesn't happen and now the side effects are getting worse. So here I am, once again gluten free and this time for good. Stop the insanity!
I've had a cold for the last few days. I think summer colds are worse than winter ones. Probably because it's so hot and when you feel feverish it makes it worse. I feel much better today though, getting over it, I think.
I've done several oil pastels and colored pencil drawings. I'm going to post some of them here. Bill wants me to do some drawings of relatives. I was thinking about that myself. That should be a challenge.
Photos of the day, three oil pastels based on photos that I took and a colored pencil drawing of a lynx based on a photo from the National Geographic.




1 comment:
Kathy, have you ever thought of selling your work either on eBay or on Etsy? I think your work is amazing and if it were to sell, then a way to earn a bit of extra income.
We've had super high temps, super high humidity, and a couple of days of clouds...none of which brought any rain. It is so hot and miserable, especially when one's home is not air conditioned. Sigh...
Post a Comment