Thursday, July 21, 2011

Out of It

My computer that is.  It was in the shop for over a week.  That's because the lady who works on it was out of town at her father's funeral and when she got back she was snowed under.  That's OK, I didn't suffer, I had Bill's computer to do the bill paying.  It's nice to have mine back though.

The weather is still very hot and no rain in sight.  We've prayed for rain several times but I guess it will rain when the Lord decides.  Until then June and July have felt more like August.  Fall can't get here soon enough.  My brother's AC went out on them so he and my mom spent the night with us last night.  We had a very nice visit.  My mother is nuts but then my grandmother was nuts too.  They had a very hard life.  My brother's  unit is fixed now so they went back home. 

There's a young couple that we know that wanted Bill to do their wedding, this evening at 7:30 out on the Refuge.  Unfortunately the groom can't get off work.  He's in the Army and he got himself into trouble.  Don't know what he did but he got himself busted back to private.  I guess they'll get married some other time. 

 I haven't done a much art but I have been reading a lot.  I really like knowing that there is a stack of books waiting for me to read them.  Mom took a few of them home to read too. 

Photo of the day, I don't have any new photos so I think I'll post a picture of something that we really miss, water.  

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Busted back to private? Ye-ouch! I've never been a fan of summer, even as a kid. Too danged hot. I imagine it is even worse where you are, since you are further south. We finally bit the bullet and bought a window air conditioner yesterday for the front room. I have a small unit upstairs that we borrowed from M's mom. It has helped a bit, though it took all night to cool the rooms down enough to be livable. Yesterday my car thermometer said it was 101 outside at about 1:00 pm. Miserfrakkinble. I'm low on energy myself and fraught with worry, as you know. $40k is not much for two adults to live when you have bills to pay. We're only slightly better as M's salary is $45k (and that with 20+ years of experience and a BSEET degree). I'm rather writhing in the wind with worry. I wish I could just let go and let God. I'm happy enough to let God, but I sure don't know how to let go.