Saturday, September 3, 2011

FIRE!

There have been fires all around us.  The worst one started on Thursday on the Refuge.  It's still going strong and several homes have been destroyed.  It's headed North and 2 firefighters and one policeman have been injured.  A couple of people from my church lost their homes.  They lived on the North side of the Refuge.  We're supposed to get a real cold front later on today.  Maybe the North wind will blow the fire back on to itself and help put it out.  We also have a slight chance of rain, a slight chance but at least a chance.

Bill and I had to work today because a family rented the gym to have a birthday party.  They had a big crowd of people but they did clean up after themselves so it wasn't a big chore for us.  We get paid extra for these kind of things.  There's no church tomorrow evening and we are closed on Monday so we'll have a little time off.  I don't know what we'll do.  It's so dry it's no fun driving around because everything is dying or dead.  At least the temperature is going to be cooler.  I wish the hurricane would come up our way.  Once in a great while they last long enough to make it here.  Unfortunately it's supposed to turn Northeast. 

Photos of the day, more that were taken at the nature conservatory at Wichita Falls when we were on vacation.




2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Absolutely beautiful photos, Kathy. I just hope that you all stay safe and free from harm and that those darn fires are contained immediately.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, that is scary! I hope that you do get cooler weather soon, and that the fires will all be contained. I love your pictures. The butterflies are so pretty!