I'm worn out. We had several days off and yesterday we went back to work. I'm not used to working now. We took down all the Christmas decorations at the church today. Actually the guys did it while I cleaned the bathrooms. There was a lot of stuff. They were finally able to put it all in one place instead of scattering it around everywhere.
We didn't go to any New Year's parties. We're not big party people anyway and staying up until midnight just isn't appealing unless we're watching a good movie. We starting watching all the Star Trek movies on the new TV. They look really good on that big screen. Any new movies that we buy will be Blu-ray so that we can take advantage of the high definition. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions because they usually don't last more than a week. But this year we really need to do something about our finances. Last year was a rough year, so many appliances going out and then also giving in and buying some wants instead of needs. We put the credit cards away. I see no reason to get rid of them we just need to quit using them for a long while unless there is an emergency and it would have to be a big emergency.
We decorated the church library window with snowmen. I have a pretty big collection of snowmen and they all got to be on display. Looks cute. Our church "decorator" is putting snowmen out everywhere. That's funny because the weather is warm. It got up to almost 60 today and that's fine with me. The last two winters we had snow and ice. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we skipped that this year. I do hope we get the normal spring rains though because we still have a drought going on. It's not as bad as last summer because we did get some rain in the fall.
I finished an oil pastel of some flowers based on a photo that I took over 30 years ago. It really doesn't look very good but I had fun making it. I like the feel of oil pastels and the process of applying them to paper. I'm starting a new one based on another photo that I took years ago. It's a cypress tree (I think). I thought the roots coming out of the water looked interesting. I don't think the tree is there anymore. If I remember correctly it died a while back. It was in a pond in a city park.
We did a lot of riding around during our time off and I got some photos but I haven't put them on the computer yet. So I guess the photo of the day will have to be an old one.
2 comments:
It is hard going back to work after a couple of days off, isn't it? I always dread it myself. Somehow, I think you two will easily get a handle on the finances. Love the new banner photo too.
We aren't big party people either. The last few years, we have had my in-laws over for New Years, and we don't even stay up until midnight! Lol.
Post a Comment