Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wind

We have a pretty strong SW wind blowing right now.  It is bringing in dust from Texas and is making the fire danger high.  Hopefully we will get some rain later in the week. 

I finished the oil pastel of the cypress tree.  I really, really like the way it turned out.  Now I'm starting one on a sunset.  I took the photo a few years ago after a rain so there is standing water.  I like the way the sunset was reflected in the water.  I'm going to try and capture that in my drawing. 

I had to swap places with my computer and my sewing machine.  The machine was on a card table and when I sewed it would vibrate something terrible.  So I moved the machine to the wooden desk and the computer to the card table.  Much better. 

If it wasn't so windy and dusty I wouldn't mind going out to Medicine Park.  They have a shop there that sells homemade ice cream.  Yum, yum.  Oh well it'll still be there when the wind dies down. 

After I officially gave up Coke I lasted about 5 1/2 days and then I tripped and fell.  But the next day I got back on track and it's been almost 4 days now.  The sweetened variety is what I'm talking about.  For some reason I have trouble digesting the sweetener that they use, high fructose corn syrup.  Diet drinks don't bother me.  My trouble is that I would drink it anyway if though it upset my innards.  Not very bright.  But then some people keep smoking even after they have had lung cancer.  Go figure. 

Photo of the day, my latest oil pastel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you get some rain soon! Want some snow? We have lots!

I read that a lot of people are allergic to high fructose corn syrup. That could expain why you are having trouble digesting it. It is hard breaking the soda habit. I'm still trying to get my hubby to stop drinking it!

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh my goodness! That pastel is a super "WOW!" piece. I know you could sell your art if you were of a mind. It is really beautiful!