Thursday, September 24, 2009

Facebook

I've decided to drop out of Facebook. I spent way too much time there working on those stupid farms. They are very addicting so the best thing for me is to go cold turkey. I've got so many things that I want to do, books to read, quilts to work on, an afghan to crochet. Can I break the addiction? I'm sure gonna try.


Bill and I started working with 5th graders last Sunday. We had a good time. We had 7 kids. I'm in the process of planning next Sunday. Since it's the last Sunday of the month I think we might have some cupcakes and have a mini birthday party for those who had birthdays in September.


I've really enjoyed the cool weather but unfortunately my allergies are really bad, sneezing over and over, sore throat and so on. It will end when the weather gets cold sometime in October.


I've been working on a granny square afghan to keep Bill warm when he takes naps on the couch. I'm using left over yarn, granny squares are perfect for leftovers. I hope I have enough to make a decent size afghan.


Have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, it's a follow up on my ulcer. I'm feeling a lot better, stomach is calming down. I've stayed gluten free for 3 weeks now and that has helped a lot.
Photo of the day, I took this photo at the Red Rock Canyon State Park a couple weeks ago.
But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:23-24

3 comments:

Annie said...

Facebook has kinda fizzled out for me. Being tethered to an office and having to do it all (and not getting it done) after 6 pm really put the skids to a lot of socializing. I miss Farm Town, though.

I'm glad your tummy is feeling better!

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the photo, SchnauzerMom. Looks similar to some I've taken here at Starved Rock, except your rocks are redder! I dropped Facebook pretty quickly. I just didn't like the rather fast pace and impersonal nature of the place. Of course, I did like being able to play Scrabble with friends though. Ah well. I would love to see you start painting again????? (hint hint)

SchnauzerMom said...

I was spending way to much time on Farm Town. There's so many other things I want to do. I do intend to start painting again. I just need to make up my mind on the subject of the painting.