Saturday, September 26, 2009

Failure

Yes, I'm a failure. I said I'd give up Facebook and farming but I only lasted about 2 days. I'm so nosy, I had to go back and see what's going on. Oh well. I got all my work done, cooked something to eat, did laundry, walked the pooch, read my Bible, got the Sunday School lesson ready, so I think I should be allowed to put my brain in neutral and participate in some mindless activity. I lost two crops, pumpkins and cabbage. Oh well, it's just make believe pumpkins and cabbage and the money is definitely make believe. So I'm pathetic OK?

I am still gluten free though. I should get credit for that. Bill doesn't like my gluten free food so we eat separate meals. He likes lots of variety and hates leftovers. So we get those Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice meals for him. They only cost a little over $2. I think it's a good price because otherwise we would have to throw stuff away. I don't mind leftovers. I usually eat them for breakfast.

I'm beginning to lose faith in modern medicine. Some of the pills they give you have worse side effects than the condition that they are supposed to help. I don't need dizziness, nausea and constipation thank you very much.

We went to the International Festival today. It was OK, nothing to write home about. It took us about 30 minutes to go through it. Sassy had to stay home, they don't allow dogs, although I did see a few people with dogs. I wonder if they got thrown out. It would have been too hot for her anyway. I would have had to carry her and she weighs over 20 pounds. That gets pretty heavy after a while.

It's such a gorgeous day out there, I wish we could have gone on a road trip. But my allergies are pretty calm right now and I don't want to stir them up. Fall days in Oklahoma are very beautiful. Lots of sunshine and warm temps but the air still feels kinda cool too. Different than in mid-summer.

Photo of the day, another one from Red Rock Canyon State Park.
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
John 5:24

4 comments:

Jules said...

What a gorgeous photo! And yes modern medicine can make you feel worse than what it's supposed to be treating. Makes you wonder if it's worth it sometimes.

Autumn Leaves said...

Not surprised you went back to Facebook; I know how much you love Farm Town! I know too, what you mean about the meds and the side effects. It really is rather scary if you sit down to think about it. Love the state park photos, too.

Annie said...

Yep, I saw you'd worked at Desolation Acres today! I don't think some leisure time is wrong if it comes after the responsibilities are out of the way.

Daisy said...

Somehow, I'm not surprised you went back on facebook either SM ..hehe!