Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rainy Day

Not a whole lot of rain but some. Tomorrow we're supposed to get heavy rain and maybe even some severe weather. The severe I'll pass on but I'll take the heavy rain. We still have big cracks in our yard.

I've been doing a lot of crocheting. I'm using up all my leftover yarn to make a granny square afghan for Bill. I think it's going to be pretty even if it is multicolored. I'd like to knit another sweater sometime soon. Maybe an Aran pattern. I love the Aran patterns, they are complicated but very beautiful.

We had 8 kids in Sunday School last Sunday. We are really enjoying working with the kids. It is fun planning what we are going to do each Sunday. 5th graders are easier to work with than first graders. For one thing they can read and write. Most of the things that we come up with require the ability to read.

My feet hurt, so what else is new.

Photo of the day, another one from Red Rock Canyon State Park.




Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst."

John 6:35

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I love reading your blog, K. The colors in the photo are simply gorgeous. A great painting (hint hint)! Glad the Sunday School is going so very well.

Daisy said...

I would really love to see your afghan when you are finished! I love granny afghans!