My husband has bi-polar and the last couple of days he was suffering from depression. The trip out to the Refuge seemed to help him. He has a doctor appointment on Monday. Seems like his meds may have to be adjusted.
The other day I was in a depression too. Things have been going pretty good lately and it seemed like we were due for a downturn. The valley between the mountain peak experiences. I have learned that the most important thing is to turn everything over to the Lord, the highs, the lows, the depressions, whatever. I'm not saying that I always do that but I have learned that it is the best thing to do. The joy of the Lord, the peace of God that passes all understanding. The only way for me to get that is to stop trying to fix the world, let go and let Him do His thing. Of course He will anyway but I tend to waste a lot of energy struggling against things. I feel really content today. With my home, the area that I live in, my husband (in spite of his depressions), my dog, my life in general. A friend of mine likes to say, "it's all good." I don't know what tomorrow will bring but I know Who holds tomorrow (is that a song or just a saying, I don't remember, it's a good saying anyway.)
I think I'll crochet some more when I get done here.
I have a friend who went into the hospital today. He has been battling cancer and just about has it beat. Now he has congestive heart failure, a blood clot on his lung, and pneumonia. Why does God allow all that to happen? I don't know. This is a hard, tough world. He doesn't promise to protect us from it but instead to go through it with us. I keep remembering that this life and the things that happen to us are temporary but God is eternal and we will spend eternity with Him. Wow, that's exciting.
I'm kinda in the mood to watch one of those old sci-fi movies, the Thing or the Day the Earth Stood Still, something like that. But then again, I wouldn't mind watching Emma or Sense and Sensibility.
I really should get up and do some housework but I don't want to. I did vacuum the whole house the other day and I'm doing laundry right now (actually the machines are doing it). That's enough work.
Photo of the day, I haven't taken any fall photos this year yet so here is one from last year. That's Medicine Creek in the background.

No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
John 6:44
4 comments:
Sounds like lots of introspection going on SM. It is hard to let go and let God, isn't it? Maybe it is, as you said, because we want to control the outcome, have it go our way. Sometimes we have to go through things to teach us, to grow and stretch us. We don't always understand it, but we have Someone we can share the burden with, to carry us through the sloughs, yes? It is hard to remember when you are in the thick of things. I hope and pray that your husband's meds are quickly adjusted and assimilated so that he is feeling better soon. Glad the trip to the refuge has helped.
To answer your question: it's a song!
Sounds as if you've been busy. I battle depression at times and it stinks. Thankfully, as your pointed out, this is not our eternal home. If it were, we'd have even more reason to be depressed.
Blessings, Jules
You remind me of me today... being introspective, like AutumnLeaves wrote above. I feel very much like you... life does have its ups and downs and we all go through hard times it seems. But, like you wrote, "I keep remembering that this life and the things that happen to us are temporary but God is eternal and we will spend eternity with Him." That's what keeps me balanced and happy I think! There is so much more to come!
I love The Day the Earth Stood Still! and all the other movies you mentioned. They don't make them like they used to - and I heard that there is a new version of The Day the Earth Stood Still coming out. It won't be the same!
I hope your hubby is feeling better. My son's wife is bipolar and the meds make a huge difference.
I first sang that song in a recital when I was a Freshman in jr. high (wasn't high school back in the stone age). I sang it maybe a year ago in church. You can delete the lyrics if you want:
I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.
Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden's getting lighter,
Every cloud is silver-lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky.
I don't know about tomorrow;
It may bring me poverty.
But the one who feeds the sparrow,
Is the one who stands by me.
And the path that is my portion
May be through the flame or flood;
But His presence goes before me
And I'm covered with His blood.
Post a Comment