I wish I could take some time off from work but we can't. Not until we can hire someone else. The guy I wrote about here a while back is still out with "injuries." We are all convinced that he is lying about where he was injured. He claimed he fell at work but it was 3 weeks before he went to the doctor. When he did go the doc said he had a fractured wrist and both ankles were severely sprained. How would he walk for 3 weeks on sprained ankles? I had a sprained ankle and I couldn't put my weight on it for at least a week. It's been 3 months now since he went out on sick leave. It didn't take my ankle 3 months to heal. It takes 6 to 8 weeks for a broken bone to heal too and his is still broken. What's going on here? I think he was injured either at home or at his mother's house and they are claiming it happened at work so they can get work-men's comp to pay the bills. The other day the guy came in with a note from the doc saying he needed another 6 to 8 months to recover. He said he's temporarily, permanently disabled. What does that mean? Sounds like he can't make up his mind. He's expecting us to pay him full wages that whole time but we're not going to. We're turning him over to work-men's comp. We need to hire someone else and we can't do that while we're carrying him. I think there will probably be a law suit eventually. The guy at the insurance company said there's no point in trying to fight him in court. The judge always rules in favor of the "injured" party. I have no doubt that the guy wants to be declared permanently disabled. That way he doesn't have to go to work (he's allergic to work anyway) and he can get money from the government. The whole thing stinks. I guess the reason things like this bother me so much is that there is nothing that I can do about it. I want to fix it but I can't. It's all in God's hands. It's His church that this guy is ripping off. Actually, it's the insurance company but our rates will go up because of it. I just wish it was all over so we can hire a full time person and move on. We are going to get a part time person next week. She already works at the church as an assistant to the Children's Division Director but she needs some extra money to pay some bills so she is going to work as a custodian in the evenings. It will just be temporary until her bills are paid. It's going to be hard to find a full time custodian. People want to get paid but they don't want to work. The old fashioned work ethic this country used to have is out of style now. Meanwhile Bill and I can't take a vacation. Sigh. My right foot is hurting really bad right now. I wish I could take 6 months off to recover.
Enough griping, move along.
We're having a good time with the 5th grade Sunday School. We had 7 last Sunday. 7 is supposed to be the perfect number so I guess we had the perfect amount.
Still crocheting on my granny square afghan. As a matter of fact, I think I'll work on it when I get done here.
Still hanging in there with the gluten free diet.
Still farming on Facebook.
Photo of the day, a deer that I saw on the Refuge a few weeks ago.
For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.
John 6:40
2 comments:
Such malingering always infuriates me too, SM. I simply cannot fathom someone trying to take advantage of a church either. When someone perpetrates fraud, insurance companies have investigators on board to determine such things. I'm guessing he has a doc in pocket, or he's actually hurting himself on purpose (assuming the x-rays do show some damage). I worked in loss prevention for years so I'm well aware of the lengths people will go to claim worker's comp or disability. He really should be investigated. These types of things always result in higher rates being paid by the people who do not abuse the system. Sigh...As you say, however, it is in God's hands. Usually what goes around comes around, eventually.
I don't know if he'll be investigated or not. It sounds like the insurance company is just going to pay up instead.
Post a Comment