Saturday, October 24, 2009

Road Trip

We only had to work an hour today so when we got done we went home picked up the pooch and our cameras and hit the road. At first we were going to go out to the Refuge but we decided to go farther out. We took the smaller highways through Walters, Comanche, some smaller towns and ended up in Ardmore. It's been close to 30 years since I've been there. It's a pretty good sized city. Ate lunch at a mexican food resturant, nothing special, actually the food was pretty bland. We got on I35 and headed north to Oklahoma City. It was a very pretty drive. Some trees were just starting to change color. I think in another week or two they will be more colorful. In the City we went to the State Capital building and took some photos of it. Had dessert at Braum's. We decided to avoid the turnpike and took some of the smaller roads home. Passed through Tuttle and some other small towns to get to Chickasha. We started to go down to Duncan but turned off instead and headed to Cement. That is a really pretty drive, rolling hills, very nice. We all enjoyed the trip. Well, Bill and I did. Sassy didn't get carsick and she did seem to enjoy getting out every so often and sniffing around. She hated to get back into the car though. Now she's on the couch trying to get caught up on her naps.

Bill did catch a cold but he doesn't seem to have it as bad as I did.

Sassy is getting a bath tonight. I usually bath her every Saturday night but I skipped last week. She's getting pretty stinky now.

Photos of the day, this is the State Capital building. I took several photos of it. I'll post them later.




I saw this mural as we were passing through the town of Comanche.



Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.
John 7:24

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You and Bill do the same things we like to do quite often. Usually just getting in the car and riding, stopping where the mood strikes and finding new ways around the major routes. We haven't gone much in the past month or so, largely due to not having enough $ to stop and eat (the best part of hitting the road)! Love the older towns that have murals on the building sides. I see them often in the smaller and older towns. Always so beautiful! I am starting to think that many of the capitol buildings had the same architect! LOL

SchnauzerMom said...

It does look like there's an offical style for capital buildings.