We had 7 kids in our Sunday School class today. That's a good number. Some kids are there every week and some are not. If they all came we would probably have 10 or more. Bill and I are really enjoying planning the lessons. The kids are getting used to us. They were used to the other teachers and now they are gone and we've taken over. We've made a lot of changes that I think are for the better. The Children's Division Director thinks so. One former teacher went into the 6th grade. The other one left on a vacation that will last until the middle of January. I'm not sure if she will come back to this class when she returns. She doesn't like the way Bill and I teach. But, she's not the director, Bill is. So she will have to adjust. I think that if she's going to stay gone for months at a time it would be better if she became a student in one of the adult classes. I don't think it's good for the kids to have someone there for a while and then take off for months.
No sickness in our house yet. I've never had the flu and have only had one flu shot in my life. I'm not worried about it. If I get sick then I can stay home from work for a while. Any excuse to stay home.
Speaking of staying home, we're closed tomorrow!!!! I'm gonna sleep at least until 7:00, that's about all that Sassy will allow us. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go. She's not allowed to pee in the house so we have to get up and take her out. I may crochet some more, work on a jigsaw puzzle, clean house (maybe not) or just sit around and watch TV. We'll see.
Photo of the day, a nice rock picture.
John 6:37
3 comments:
We've had chilly here too. Totally out of season so I can sympathise, although at least for you it is what you should be getting this time of year. However, now that our school holidays are over and the kids are back to school the weather seems to be improving!
What comfort in that scripture verse, SM. With the exception of summer, I too like the seasons. I just do not do well in heat. Of course, winter would be my second least favorite. Nevertheless, I love the seasons that change. Been getting downright cold here, down into the 20's at night. We may be in for a cold winter! Glad the Sunday school classes are going well.
I've never had the flu or taken the flu shot. Some think I'm crazy, but I don't trust some of those shots touted as being safe. I'm not so sure they are. No flu shots for me either.
Have fun on your day off! :)
Post a Comment