Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cold Day

I know that's not much of a title but then titles are my weak point. It is a cold day though, spitting a little rain now and then. We had a nice little thunderstorm early this morning at about 2 or 3 o'clock. The thunder made Sassy jump a couple of times but then she went right back to sleep. I think we got a little hail too because it sounded like someone was throwing rocks at the house. That's OK there aren't any flowers growing that the hail would beat up.

Speaking of flowers I really need to thin out my Iris, they are overcrowded. The weather has been so yucky lately that I haven't wanted to do it. Also I need to buy a shovel. The handle on our old one broke. It was a wooden handle and it rotted probably from being outside all the time. I would like to move some of the flowers to the front of the house but first I need to get some more dirt and put in there. It's mostly gravel right now. I also need some kind of border to keep the dirt from washing out when it rains. We've had some really beautiful weather days lately but we spend those days taking short road trips. I'd also like to plant a few flowers in pots. I didn't do that the last couple of years. Just lazy I guess.

The weather was gorgeous last Thursday so we went out and drove around on the Refuge. You'd think we would be tired of going out there but I love the place so much and Bill is enjoying it too. Sassy did quite well on the drive too. No puking spells.

We had 8 kids in Sunday School today. Quite a lively group. We enrolled a new one which is good because we've had to drop so many. We live in a military town and there's a lot of coming and going. We found out one was living in Arizona. That's a little too far to travel back and forth to Sunday School.

Looking out the window right now it looks like it could snow but that won't happen because it's 39 degrees. We might get a cold rain later though.

Photo of the day, I took this one out north of the Job Corp near Treasure Lake. The hills are very rough and rocky. Some people like to hike out there but I'm content to just take pictures.



Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
Romans 14:4

4 comments:

LadyofCanterbury said...

It's wonderful to catch up with on your blog.
I am envious of you thinning out your irises. We have frozen ground and snow and I won't be seeing any flowers for months to come.

Autumn Leaves said...

That foreground on the right is a beautiful painter's dream! A lovely spot to be sure, K. I am so glad that you two get out and about. M and I love doing that when we both have a day off together (rare these days). We're on our third day in a row of snow off and on. Snowing as I type. Yay.

Unknown said...

Oh I am so jealous! You have irises coming up already?? It has been such a long winter here. I am so wanting to see green grass and flowers!

SchnauzerMom said...

No, the iris aren't coming up yet but they do have withered leaves from last year.