Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow

Yesterday we had a nice little snowstorm. It was very pretty, no wind, just snowflakes falling. I think we got a little over an inch. Most of it is gone now. That's the kind of snow that I like, looks pretty, then melts off fast. Winter is not over yet, we're supposed to get some more cold weather, I think, on Sunday. The Red Cross and the disaster relief people moved out on Wednesday. We have everything cleaned up and ready for Sunday.

I haven't worked on my knitting in quite a while. My hands have been aching lately. I think it's all this cold weather settling in the joints. Other parts of the body ache too. Oh well. I did overdo it this week. We had all these people tracking in mud and trashing the bathrooms. But I didn't need to get it all done in one day.

I need a vacation. DH and I planned one for the second week in March. We can't afford to go very far or do much. But it's good just to not have to get up and go to work.

Last night I did another pastel. I used hard pastels this time. I bought a small set of them because I wasn't sure if I would like them. Well, I love them, so the first chance I get I'm going to buy a bigger set, lots more colors. I haven't used them much because they need a fixative to keep them from smearing. The other day I bought one so now I'm going to use my hard and soft pastels more often.

This is a monkey from Ethiopia. I really liked the way this one turned out.



Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.
Romans 12:17-18

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a great verse from Romans, SM. I am not sure why it strikes me this a.m., but it is truly how I try to live. Not always successfully, but I keep on keepin' on.

I have to say that this piece you've done is absolutely exquisite. I think it is by far the best I've seen of your work, all of which I've loved so far. You are doing wonderfully with this new medium and I can't wait to see more!!

SchnauzerMom said...

It does look good doesn't it? I'm very happy with it.

April said...

We got snow from the same storm that visited you first! It was one of the prettiest snows I've ever seen - soft and quiet with big ol' snow flakes. We got several inches and it only lasted 24 hours. Like you, we think it was the perfect snow! Mike is from PA and doesn't care for snow that sticks around. :)

The monkey picture really captures the personality of the animal; I love how you did the eyes and "hair". Very nice.