Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day Off

Yesterday that is. We took a little road trip. Drove through the Refuge (saw several deer there) and came out on the West side. Then we turned North and drove for quite a while but then turned East for a while then back South. We left the hills behind on this trip. The air was so crisp and clear that we could see the hills to the South of us. I enjoyed seeing them getting larger and larger as we approached. I took a couple good pictures one of the deer and one of an old, abandoned barn. The country we drove through was all farms and ranches. There were several old houses and barns that were probably occupied back in the 30's and then abandoned. I've always been curious about what the people were like who lived there. What their lives were like. They probably lived there during the Dust Bowl. From what I've read the Dust Bowl was worse over in the panhandle area but I'm sure it was bad around here to during that time. My mother was born in this area but they moved to Eastern New Mexico when she was a little girl so she grew up there.

We're watching number 3 in the Star Wars series, Revenge of the Sith. I have to admit that my favorite ones are the last three. Probably because I was a sweet young thing when they came out. I fell in love with Science Fiction when I first saw the Star Wars movies. I went to see them with my brother and we were both hooked.

We had 8 kiddos in Sunday School this last Sunday. That's a pretty good group. It was a cold day and we even got a little snow. It melted as soon as it hit the ground.

Photos of the day, first the deer and then the barn.





Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
Romans 13:8

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I also wonder at the lives of people who lived in those old homes; always a rich source of letting my imagination run a bit. I love seeing old barns and old farmsteads and anything of nature. Great photos, SchnauzerMom. Those dear are begging to be painted!

SchnauzerMom said...

The deer do look like they are posing don't they?

Ice Queen said...

Lovely photographs. :D

Unknown said...

I love the Star Wars movies too. I remember standing in line to see the first one with my parents when I was a kid. The original movies are my favorite. They may not have as good of special effects, but they are such classics.