Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dusty

Actually, yesterday was the dusty day.  We had a few clouds with a sprinkle of rain and then they went East.  From the West came strong winds and dust.  I think the Texas panhandle blew over us.  That explains the whopper of a headache that I had.  We had the day off but we didn't go very far because we were expecting to get dust sooner or later.  I sure was glad when it was over.

Sunday afternoon Bill started feeling better so we drove out to the Refuge and took some photos.  It was cloudy and he said that is the best type of weather for photos.  We saw several animals out and about.  It was especially exciting to see the elk.  I've never been that close to elk on the Refuge before.  They are huge and they weren't really concerned about us at all.  Later we saw several deer out in a meadow.  Lots of longhorn cattle and buffalo too but I have tons of photos of them.

Photos of the day, I think I'll post one of the elk and one of the deer.  I'll save the others for next time.


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I'm always reminded of dust bowl stories from way back when I hear of dust storms in OK. Michael always said that overcast is the best light for shooting photos outside as well. I have to agree. The colors are just so much sharper.