Sunday, February 19, 2012

Template Designer

I didn't know there was such a thing until I saw the results on another blog.  I wondered how they did those things.  It was fun.  There will be more changes going on around here from now on since I like to play with things.

I finally got around to taking photos of my two most recent art projects.  As usual they look better in person than they do in the photos.  It's also time to start a new one.

The weather is gorgeous today.  I wish we could ride around but Bill doesn't feel well.  Upset stomach, not throwing up, just upset.  He didn't go to church today because of it.  The last several years I have gotten the stomach flu two or three times each year.  This year I got a flu shot and started using hand sanitizer and I only got it once.  I have become a great believer in flu shots and hand sanitizer.  I think Bill's problem is more sinus related than cold or flu.

Photos of the day, the first is an oil pastel based on a photo that I took after a rainstorm a few years ago.  There were some houses and power poles in the photo but I left them out.  That's the cool thing about art, you can change it the way you want.  The second picture is a colored pencil drawing based on a photo that I took almost 30 years ago.  There's a zoo called Arbuckle Wilderness that we went to a long time ago now.  I don't know what this animal is, he looks like a long horned sheep.  I should have made his body darker, he tends to fade into the background.  I may go back and fix that sometime.  Then again, I may not.


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh these two pieces are wonderful! I really like the ram. I so wish I could draw people and animals better. I probably could if I practiced but I'm apparently far too impatient!

Jules said...

I don't think he fades into the background at all. Certainly shows up on my computer screen. I have a feeling that you don't know your own talent.