Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cold Wind

There's a cold wind blowing out there.  At noon it was nice and warm and then a front came through and cooled it off.  It's cloudy but no rain in the forecast.  This cold front is causing all kinds of aches and pains.  My hands hurt, feet hurt, back hurts.  I guess I can blame all that on the front.

I still haven't taken a photo of my last oil pastel.  I'll do it eventually.  I do have it on the wall though.  I'm working on a colored pencil drawing now. 

We got our tax refund from the feds the other day and took the car in to have a tune up.  Now it's good to go for another year.  Thursday Bill and I are going to have our eyes checked.  He needs new frames.  His old ones are being held together by super glue.  It's been several years since we've been to the eye doc.  Everything is getting fuzzy.

At Hastings the other day I found the soundtrack to Lord of the Rings and listened to the first two CD's so far.  Gorgeous music. 

Photo of the day.  While we were out riding around we found this old abandoned school.  It was built in 1942 and closed down sometime in the 90's.  I really loved the architecture.  The inside was vandalized, that was very sad.   

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I so hate seeing wonderful old buildings in such a state of disrepair. Just the look of this one makes me want to turn it into a big old beautiful home (were I rich). And yes indeed; I am waiting to see your last painting. I am so glad you got back into your art. You are so very talented! And under the "if its any consolation" aka the "misery loves company" school of thought, I hurt everywhere too. My feet, my hands, shoulders, hips, knees...I am just plain old falling apart!