Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cooler

The weather has been cooler the last few days, we even had a little rain the other day, not much, but, a little, which is better than nothing. It was really cool this morning when I took Sassy out for her walk. I wish it would stay that way all summer, but, it won't. August and September are the hottest months.

I used to make all my own clothes. I haven't done that in years mainly because the price of material and patterns is so high. Of course you can use the patterns over and over. I've also been waiting because I would like to lose a little weight first because I don't like to alter things. I've been saying this for years, so far the weight hasn't come off. Of course eating less would help. Another thing is that I can get clothes so cheap at Good Will and Salvation Army. Then there's our church's free clothes closet. Can't beat free. Someone told me that the all the clothes there are "out of style." Big deal, I've never been in style in my life, why start now?

DH's niece is flying in and we have to pick her up at the airport at 2:30. This will probably mean that we will have to visit for several hours, sigh, I don't like visiting relatives. That's one of those mandatory things that comes with being married. Oh well.

Still haven't done any crafty things. I think about it but so far I just don't do it. I've been very lazy. It's summer after all. Summer's not the same when you have to get up and go to work every day. Sigh.

Photo of the day, Lawtonka Lake with Mt. Scott in the background.

Lawtonka Lake

No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one, and love the other, or else he will hold to one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Luke 16:13

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I'm with you on the dread of high heat of summer. I cannot believe we are almost to August! So far, this summer has just been fantastic - at least to my mind. I am starting to think of finding a way to make or buy some peasant-y style skirts. Maybe I can make myself feel prettier or more pulled together or something. I need to do something though. I've lost my mojo to do much of anything myself, crafty or otherwise.

SchnauzerMom said...

We're in the same boat, I haven't done much crafty or otherwise too. Maybe it's the summer heat, I don't know.

Unknown said...

I am LOVING this cooler weather! Normally July is like a furnace here, but it has been wonderful. Today it barely reached 72 degrees. I hope it stays this way in August!

Annie said...

Sadly, I think the cool weather ended today....