Our big 4th of July celebration was pretty successful. The temp was in the low 100's earlier in the day. Most events went well. We didn't get to do our big concert that we had rehearsed for days. It started pouring rain just when we were supposed to go on. Just before the storm hit they told us we needed to go to our cars and wait it out. I saw the people in the orchestra carrying their instruments away. It rained most of the evening. They did put on the fireworks show. The rain cooled things off for a couple of days. It's supposed to get really hot later in the week though, 105 to 108.
DH, my brother and I went to Oklahoma City yesterday just to hang out. We went to a woodworker shop, a Barnes and Noble bookstore (got a gluten free cookbook), Braum's, and the Bass Pro Shop. The weather was clear and in the upper 80's. Gorgeous day, we had a great time. The cookbook that I got will be really helpful. I got some good info on flours and now I know why sometimes (a lot of times) baked things just didn't taste very good. I'm eager to try out some of the recipes.
I think I'm at level 19 on FarmTown on Facebook. Having a ball with it.
We went to the Refuge on Sunday afternoon (gorgeous day) and took a few photos. I'll post them here one day at a time.
I'm really tired of hearing about Michael Jackson, really, really tired.
Photos of the day, two taken of the only flowers blooming in my garden. First is a Blackeyed Susan. DH and I are kind of disappointed in it. It took forever to finally bloom, oh well. The second one is a pink flower (don't know the name) that seems to be doing really well.


If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.
Luke 9:23-24
8 comments:
Love the flowers. It's going to be miserably hot in the coming days. Makes me ready for Fall.
I'm tired of hearing about him, too. I think it's a diversion from the promises that have been made to Russia - "Let's disarm. We'll go first." I heard a 7 second blurb on it before going to coverage of The Perverted One.
Whoo boy! That kind of heat is just killer (so color me amazed that you have two such lovely flowers thriving through it!)...So sorry your concert was canceled though, especially after all that practicing you were doing! Between you and Herbal Annie and Aunt Jo, I am kind of wishing I lived in Oklahoma. 'Cept for the heat...That I can do without!
My boss has IE8 and hates it too! He checked my version and it's 7 and said he wants to get the old verion put back on his computer. New isn't always better.
What gluten-free cookbook did you get? Do let us know how you like it once you start trying out some of the recipes. :)
I hate it too. I'll go to a blog and start reading only to have a message pop up that Internet 8 Explorer can't open this webpage. And I can't scroll down to read further without closing that annoying window and then I loose my webpage. How annoying!
A similar thing has happened at work where they've updated all our programmes on the computer. It seems to take twice as long to navigate our way around them. What was wrong with the old system? It worked fine, was efficient and everyone knew how to use it. Sometimes it's better to leave some things alone!
I'm having problems too! I hate that some blogs I love to read, I have a hard time with now too!
I think I have the comment thing figured out. I have to push the control button the same time that I click on comments. Works so far.
You will have to let us know if you try any new good gluten free recipes :).
Post a Comment