I have a friend who was a biology professor, he's retired now. He says that we are located on the northern end of the Chihuahuan desert. He says that a lot of the plants and animals of this area are typical of that desert. That explains why it is hot and dry here for a large part of the year. I've spent most of my life living in some sort of desert. I grew up in the Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and now I'm living in the Chihuahuan desert of Oklahoma. I did live in Colorado for a couple of years. That's dry country but I don't think it's part of a desert. That's why I love rain so much, we see so little of it.
I'm 55 years old now, whew, never thought I'd make it this far. Actually the body says it's 55 but the mind is somewhere in the late 20's or early 30's. That's OK, I have no desire to act "old." When I was a child most of the people who were the age that I am now acted like they were at death's door. Not me. I want to enjoy life every day that the Lord allows me to live it.
I've cut back on the amount of time that I've been spending on the Internet. I feel liberated, I have time to read, knit or whatever I want to do.
The other day I bought the book Sugar Fix by Dr. Richard J. Johnson. Several years ago my doctor said that my problem seems to be caused by trouble digesting sugar. I argued with him and said it was gluten. But, I've been following the low fructose diet in this book (and eating gluten) and so far it has made a big difference. DH is following the diet too. I think we will both will be better able to lose weight on this diet. Besides feeling better too.
We went out to the Refuge to take photos. I took about 92 pictures, most of them turned out pretty good. I'll post some of them here now and then.
Photo of the day, a nice rock picture taken on the top of Mt. Scott.

Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kindom of God like a child shall not enter it at all.
Luke 18:17
4 comments:
Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day :). I think it is great that you want to enjoy every day that God gives! That is how it should be, so good for you :)! That is interesting about the low fructose diet. I have never heard of that before. I hope you continue to feel great on it!
I think a few generations back people were 'older'. I have a friend your age and she goes to the gym every day yet she says that her mother or grandmother would never have thought of doing that. It seems that we're taking better care of our bodies - and we've had it a lot easier too than many from past generations. It all helps us to stay 'young'. And I've given up expecting to feel my age. I still feel 18!
Hope you had a lovely birthday.
I am so sorry to know that I missed telling you happy birthday, SM...or did I? At any rate, it is so nice to hear that you are young at heart. (I used to be; I don't know what happened! LOL) I too am quite snap happy when out and about in nature. Such beauty out there! I love reading your blog...
I hope you had a wonderful birthday, SM! I think we are supposed to enjoy life so I'm glad that's what you are doing. Life is so short as it is, who wants to worry about being or getting "old"? Not me! :)
I hope the low fructose diet continues to work for you; that would be wonderful.
Post a Comment