I want to plant a crepe myrtle in my front yard. We had one at another house that we used to have. I think they are beautiful and they can stand the hot, dry conditions here. I think I have to wait until the fall to plant it. I'm going to put it right in the middle of everything, well actually in the middle towards the front.
I've been knitting quite a bit lately. Trying to get my variegated yarn sweater done. It has a turtle neck, well, it will have a turtle neck when I get done. After that I guess I'll work on one of my quilts.
Whacked my hair off super short a couple of weeks ago. I think this is the shortest it's ever been. Lot's of people have said that it looks cute. I don't know if they really mean that or if they're just being nice. I thought I'd like it this short but I'm not so sure. It seems extreme, but DH says it looks great. Maybe I'll keep it this way, then again, maybe not.
Back on the gluten free track. DH is going to slap the snot out of me one of these days. I'm gluten free, then I'm not gluten free, then back on it again. I need to stay on it, I'm just stubborn that's all.
One of my co-workers used to weigh 450 pounds. He's slow mentally and his mother dominates his life. She talked him into having his stomach stapled. He didn't have insurance so she took a loan from the bank and took him to India to have the surgery done. That was 4 months ago. He's lost almost 200 pounds since then. Way too fast. He's got scar tissue blocking the way into his stomach and he has trouble holding food down. We have tried to get him to eat baby food or anything pured but he won't do it. All he eats is fruit and surgery stuff. So basically he's starving to death and it isn't necessary. He has applied for insurance from the State of Oklahoma (I don't qualify for it or I'd apply). But the insurance doesn't start until September. He has a doctor's appointment in September. His health is really going downhill. Personally I think his mother should pay for the corrective surgery but she doesn't want to. She has the money, she is very well off. He's paying her back for the original surgery, she's taking it out of his paycheck. It's a big mess.
Photo of the day, Sassy, sticking her tongue out.

For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Luke 19:10
4 comments:
I'm sure his mom had his best interests at heart. It also isn't healthy to weigh so much; it puts such a strain on the heart. At the same time, I would hope she could see that something is amiss with her son and get him the help he needs. Sigh... We missed out on the severe weather, alas, but it has been quite warm and humid (well, low 80's but it feels hotter with that humidity factor) here, with premonitions of severe storms that just do not show up. As long as no damage and no one hurt, I so wish they would make their appearance!
I hope your coworker gets care soon. Losing so much weight so quickly sounds kinda scary. Obesity isn't good, obviously, but I always thought losing weight in a slow and steady way was healthier. I hope he will be okay and can get his health issues addressed.
I thought you cut your hair! I think it does look cute. Three of the four women I work with recently cut their hair that short! The all look very cute with it. I love all kinds of hair styles, but just like long on me. I cut mine short once and hated it sooo much. But I think short hair looks really nice on lots of women.
I've been eating gluten lately and am thinking about going gluten-free again for awhile too. I don't get sick or anything; I just feel bloated when I eat it. Plus they say it causes inflamation and can cause other problems down the road.
When I worked at the vitamin store, we had a lot of customers who had stomach surgery. The #1 thing customers said you DON'T do is eat sugar. Poor guy. I hope his mom doesn't kill him.
You do look good with your hair that short, but I also like it long.
Annie, I also like it long too.
Post a Comment