Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Almost

We almost got some rain. At noon today it looked like it could start pouring but within a few minutes the clouds broke up and it cleared off. The cracks in the ground are getting wider. Well, we live on the northern edge of the Chihuahuan desert so what do you expect.

The guy that I was complaining about in my last post is still off work. He and mama are still insisting on Workman's Comp. The whole situation has been turned over to the insurance company. I don't think he deserves a dime, he's allergic to work anyway. He's getting his regular paycheck, it's not like he's broke. Mom just wants his medical bills paid. Oh well, whatever.

I got some new shampoo for Sassy, it's called Bedhead for dogs (or something like that, I don't feel like going to look.) Anyway, it smells wonderful. I may use it on myself.

Went to Walmart yesterday and found a gluten free brownie mix by Betty Crocker. Great stuff! I did bake it a little too long, I'll back it off about 5 minutes the next time.

My FIL is having surgery tomorrow to put stints behind his heart. His Alzheimer's is getting worse. His good friend lives across the street and FIL was going to go visit him but he couldn't remember where he lived. At least he made it home alright. MIL is trying to get him admitted to the Veteran's Retirement Center here. I hope he gets in, she can't handle much more.

Photo of the day, a nice rock picture, taken on the top of Mt. Scott.

Rocks on Mt.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

The autumn cometh, SM. Hopefully the weather will cool off soon. I want to try a shampoo I saw for dogs that was for those with white fur. Of course, I haven't yet, but I want to! LOL

Annie said...

Poor FIL! I hope he can get int the Veteran's home. Do they qualify for any home health care assistance? That might help MIL.

Sorry we've hogged up all the rain this week. I've enjoyed it enough for both of us!

I read something that said pet shampoos are formulated specifically for pet skin, but if you check the ingredients, they're pretty much the same as people shampoo.

SchnauzerMom said...

My FIL is retired army so hopefully they can get something. I agree about the shampoo but sometimes I like to indulge my little poochie.