Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sick

I have had bouts of nausea and diarrhea the last couple of weeks. On Monday of this week I felt pretty good until noon when I started throwing up and it seemed like it would never stop. I was covered with a cold sweat and shaking. I called the Dr.'s office but it was closed for lunch. I have heard that nausea is a sign of a heart attack in women so I finally decided to go to the emergency room. They checked but I wasn't having a heart attack so I had to sit and wait and continue to throw up until I could see a doc. I hate the emergency room, I really do. It costs an arm and a leg and they don't do much. Just poked around on me a little, determined that it wasn't the stomach flu, gave me a shot for the nausea and a couple of prescriptions and told me to see my primary care physician. At least they gave me a 40 percent discount on the bill. Our savings account is wiped out right now though. I went to my doctor yesterday. He can't order a bunch of tests because I can't pay for them. He listens to my symptoms and makes a guess, he makes pretty good guesses. He said it sounded like a peptic ulcer. I will have an ultrasound done to check the gallbladder just in case. But my symptoms point to an ulcer. My past history points to an ulcer too. A couple years ago I took an anti-inflammatory pill for the pain in my feet. It caused extreme and I mean extreme pain in my stomach. Needless to say I quit taking it but ever since then I've had stomach troubles. My dad had ulcers so there may be a genetic tendency there too.

I stayed home Monday afternoon, worked Tuesday and stayed home today. Dh is so nice he brought some pink roses home on Monday. Roses (of all colors) are my favorite flower.

We got a little rain shower a while ago and I slept through it. Rats. I was having a weird dream about being one of those kung fu fighters that you see in the movies. I was supposed to train young people to fight but no one wanted to learn.

I really scared Sassy Monday when I was throwing up. She hid behind the couch most of the day.

We're still shorthanded at work because of that one guy who claims he was severely injured on the job. I saw him when I was waiting at the emergency room. He always goes there for medical care. For someone with both ankles sprained he was walking pretty good. He sure is running up a lot of bills. Now he apparently is claiming that he fell a second time. He never told any of us about that fall. The insurance company will deal with him. I wish we could find someone to take his place, someone who isn't allergic to work.

The roses are making the whole house smell so good.

Photo of the day, my roses.


And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I am so sorry to hear you are ill, SM. I know you must be feeling pretty crummy. Those roses sure go along way to making a girl feel better, yes? Anyway, I hope you are much improved today. Please let your boss know that that guy was walking just fine when you saw him. I used to work loss prevention and we always reported such things to them. We had one woman claiming to hurt herself at work...carpal tunnel from ringing people up at the cash register at Sears. One day I caught her via CCTV (monitoring for shop lifters) shopping while she was out on disability. She was carrying not one but 2 HUGE bags loaded with stuff (they went from her wrist down to the floor) with the bags slung over her wrists. Needless to say, the insurance company got that tape and she was denied and fired for trying to commit insurance fraud!

Daisy said...

Aww! You are soo sick! I hope that they can get to the bottom of this, so you can get relief.I will say a prayer for you!