Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sweater

Here it is 150 degrees outside and I'm knitting. Actually, I've finished knitting the sweater that I had been working on for quite a while. Now I'm ready for the cold weather and we do get cold weather around here even though it's so hot right now I can't remember what the cold felt like. The wind is the main thing, we get some really cold wind here. It's like someone opened the door on the north pole and it's blowing down here. That's several months away though. Right now it's hot and I have a craving for a Java Chiller from Sonic which I will go and get in a few minutes.

Bill and Sassy are napping. I did take a brief nap. If I sleep too much during the day though it becomes hard to go to sleep at night.

I wanted to get a red geranium to put on our deck but never got around to it. I wonder if it's too late.

Betty Crocker has come out with a gluten free cake mix that is really good. I made it yesterday. It's a yellow cake, they have a chocolate version but Walmart only stocked the yellow. It's good with lots of chocolate icing on it. I guess you can tell that I'm not on any kind of sugar free diet. But, in spite of the way it sounds I'm not eating a lot of sugar either. Certainly not as much as I used to eat. Moderation is the key.

Photo of the day, my sweater.

Photobucket

Now He is not the God of the dead, but of the living; for all live to Him.
Luke 20:38

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh that heat that you deal with! I can't stand it here and it is always hotter by where you live! I love the sweater! I need to get back to knitting, I think. I guess it is progress if I am even thinking about it, right? LOL

April said...

I love the sweater SM! It looks southwestern with the browns and turquoise. Maybe when I retire I will learn (or, relearn) to knit.