Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's Raining

Somewhere, certainly not here. Sometimes I think we're cursed. It seems to rain all around us and we're like the hole in the middle of the donut, not a drop. Oh well.

It's been a difficult week so far. Yesterday a guy that was hired to work for a few weeks (he was supposed to shampoo the carpets) only worked 11/2 hours and then left. Didn't say anything to anyone. Just took off. The guy cannot hold a job for some reason. He's only 24 and has worked a lot more jobs than I have. He wants to be the boss and do things his way. When that doesn't happen he either quits or argues with the boss and gets fired. I hope someday he grows up. Today our other worker, said that his ankle was hurting so he went to the emergency room. Stayed gone all day. He brought in a note and left it in the office. The emergency room doc said that he couldn't come back to work until he had seen his primary care doctor. I don't know if he even has a primary care doc. All for a sore ankle, my feet have been hurting for years. Maybe I should go sit in the emergency room, the only problem is that his mom pays for his medical bills, mine can't do that and I wouldn't ask her to anyway. So I guess we will be doing his work for the next several days. Every time he has an ache or a pain he runs to the emergency room and takes the whole day off. Must be nice. If it sounds like I'm griping, I am. It's my blog and I'll gripe if I want to.

DH turned the TV off, how shocking. I guess I should read or work on my quilt. I have to take Sassy out first.

Photo of the day, Sassy at play.

Photobucket

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
Luke 21:33

2 comments:

Jules said...

You gripe if you want to. Sometimes we all have to have a bit of a moan. I understand the co-worker dilemma *very well*. Oh well. I keep telling myself it's all good character building.

Autumn Leaves said...

There is just something about entitlement, isn't there? Silver spoons and all that. Now, I wish there was something that could be done for your feet. That is a particular ailment that I share with you!