Saturday, July 11, 2009

Snake!!!

I went to Sonic a few days ago and while I was waiting for my order the guy in the truck next to me started yelling at the carhop. He told her to look out. There was a small snake in the corner of the doorway. She would have stepped on it trying to go inside. It must have been working it's way along side the building. I don't think it was poison but then I'm no snake expert either. The manager and another guy came out with two brooms, a dustpan and a garbage can and after a struggle they finally caught it. It did try to bite them but then it was terrified too. One of them picked it up and carried it away. I don't know if they killed it or just released it into the open field behind the store. A little Wednesday afternoon excitement.

I'm not at all happy with the gluten free cookbook that I got. The recipes that I tried didn't turn out good at all. Apparently there's something about gluten free flours (don't know which one) that I'm either allergic to or just can't tolerate. The last several times I have tried to eat something baked that was gluten free I threw up. I was really sick Thursday evening. I've never thrown up after eating wheat flour. I'm seriously rethinking this gluten free thing. I think my stomach is messed up from all the stress that I was under when I was a child and well into adulthood. I'm just now learning to chill out.

DH wanted to take pictures so we took a little road trip. We went down a few roads that I haven't been on in years and I don't think DH was ever on them. Unfortunately it was hard to take pictures because there was no place to pull off. That's narrow country roads for ya. It was a nice trip though and I think Sassy enjoyed it too. She seems to be doing much better in the car lately. Hasn't thrown up in quite a while. I think she now understands that when we stop she gets to get out and sniff around. Things that she has never sniffed before.

Photo of the day, I took this photo on the Refuge last Sunday. That's my brother getting ready to fish from the dam at Buford Lake. Don't know if he caught anything, we didn't hang around.

Kenneth

And I say to you, ask, and it shall be give to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it shall be opened.
Luke 11:9-10

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What an awesome photograph, completely frameable, of your brother. He looks so comfy and at peace! I hope they just let the snake go in the field. I hope he wasn't hurt. Interesting that your stomach bothers you when you go gluten free and when you don't. I wonder if it isn't something else entirely...IBS or something...? It cannot be fun dealing with the stomach so often! I do hope you get to the bottom of it.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you are having trouble with gluten free stuff. I wonder if you are having trouble with the heavier flours. I don't do well with garbanzo flour or potato flour. Both are so heavy that I feel like I ate a rock after I get done. I do great with rice flour, millet flour, tapioca flour and quinoa flour. Those don't give me any trouble. What kinds have you been using? I hope you are able to figure out what is causing your stomach distress!