We had breakfast at Cracker Barrel. That has become our Thursday routine. They know us there. So far I haven't had any problems with gluten.
We did our usual grocery shopping and then spent the rest of the day at home except for a quick trip in the afternoon to Sonic for a Java Chiller. I have really enjoyed spending the time at home. I got to do a lot of reading. I've got several books that I'm working on. The bible, old testament in the New American Standard, new testament in New King James, Morning Light Meditations to Awaken the Dawn by Steve Green, When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore, Yellow-Legs by John Janovy Jr, and The Liberators, America's Witnesses to the Holocaust by Michael Hirsh. I read a chapter in each one and then I start over. I'm in no hurry to finish. The one about the Holocaust is really interesting and upsetting at the same time. My dad was with Eisenhower when he toured some of the camps. He didn't say a lot about it. The things those soldiers saw were so horrible, the war itself and then those camps. I don't see how anyone can come out of it undamaged. I think I'm beginning to understand my dad a little better. I think he was affected by what he saw and experienced. They didn't get the counseling back then like they do today. War is a horrible, horrible thing.
We're watching the movie Up. It is so cute. "Squirrel!" I need to take Sassy for a good walk when the movie is over. No squirrels in our neighborhood.
Photo of the day, a rerun.
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.
Philippians 4:8

3 comments:
I love the movie UP! We quote stuff from that movie a lot. Our dog had fleas recently and as we were treating her, we had to put on one of those elizabethan collars so she wouldn't chew on herself. Evie kept calling it the "cone of shame" :).
We're getting 50's at night suddenly but still climbing into 80's and low 90's during the days here too. I look forward to the autumn; always have!
I can't wait for the cool weather! I felt it in the air today... it got up to only 80 degrees! That's a wonderful thing. I can't wait to turn off the air conditioners to have some nice quiet before we have to turn on the heater. :) I'd better start looking for my sweatshirts and thick socks.
Wow, you've been doing a lot of reading; I'd like to do more. I'm reading a lot, but right now most of it's research on what to plant next year and in a winter garden, new soap recipes I want to try and more body butters. I'll be cranking some creations out soon. Oh yeah - and crocheting some things for my granddaughter so I'm "reading" patterns. That will be fun.
Enjoy the cooler weather! :)
Post a Comment