Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Traveling

Sort of.  Last Saturday we went to the Watermelon Festival at Rush Springs.  They consider themselves the watermelon capital of the world.  Maybe they are, I don't know.  It was broiling hot but we had a good time anyway.  Didn't buy any watermelon because it would go bad before we could eat it all.  They had a lot of craft booths selling things so we spent most of our time there.  Didn't hang around to see who would become watermelon queen.

Yesterday we went to Oklahoma City to just kinda hang out.  We took some photos of Lake Hefner.  I've never really stopped and looked at the lake before.  It is huge.  Unfortunately it's not nice and peaceful like lakes usually are.  Probably because it's right in town.  Got some great photos though.  Sassy enjoyed getting out and sniffing around.  Once again it was broiling hot.  We finally had to turn the AC on in the car.  Sassy and I weren't feeling very good.  We took the side roads to get to the City.  I love taking side roads, they are more picturesque.  On the way home we took the side roads to Chickasha  and Anadarko.

A nice thunderstorm came up yesterday evening and we got a lot of good rain.  It rained a little more this morning too.  My flowers are looking happier.

Today we went down to Wichita Falls.  We left Sassy at home because we were going to shop in some of the stores and it's way to hot to leave her in the car.  All we bought was one book but we had a good time.  Ate lunch at Golden Corral.  On the way home I was going at 70 mph.  The speed limit was 75.  A little blue sports car passed me like I was sitting still.  It had to be going at least 90 or 100 mph.  That's the trouble with sports cars, they're designed to go fast, so people go fast.  Dangerous stuff though.

Got my hair cut today and I love it.  My beloved pixie as usual.  I'm just not a long hair person.  If I truly loved long hair I wouldn't keep cutting it off.  In reality I truly love short hair.  Bill loves short hair on me too and his opinion is the most important, after mine of course.  I admire long hair on other folks, well, on some other folks.  I've seen some really yucky looking long hair around too.  Personally I think people should wear their hair the way they want too.  They don't need my approval and I don't need theirs.

Photo of the day, actually several of them that I took at Lake Hefner yesterday.















As you can see, the lake is in town.  I'm used to seeing hills behind a lake, not buildings. It's kinda cool.















The marina, lot's of sailboats and an expensive restaurant behind it.















Not sure what this building is.  Maybe this is where you buy your bait to go fishing?  Somehow I doubt it.  Probably another expensive restaurant.
                                                               











                                                                      






This is a replica of a lighthouse on the East Coast (of the US.)

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
Philippians 4:4                            

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You and Bill do like M and I do with the roaming and just seeing and window shopping, with an occasional purchase. Without his job, we're pretty much doing nothing these days. And as long as you like your hair, that is what counts!

SchnauzerMom said...

I definitely love my hair!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are happy with your hair. That is what counts! Your pictures of your trip were so pretty.