Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hot

That's a good standard title since it describes the weather for the past several days and it predicts the weather for the next several days.  But then, it is late summer so what do you expect?  The plants are all suffering from heat stress and the lack of rain.  Although I don't know if rain would help much since it is so hot.  Sassy isn't getting any long walks right now because of the heat.  We'll make up for it when things cool off in the fall.

I finished crocheting the back of my sweater and I finished a colored pencil painting.  It is a picture of a wolf howling that I found in a magazine.  I'll post a photo of it later.  Now I need to start the front of my sweater.  Bill found a book of knitted sweaters for men and now he wants one.  As soon as we can get some yarn I'll start one for him. 

The doc said that if I lost down to about 125 I would get rid of the acid reflux.  My weight hasn't been that low since high school but it's worth a try.  The last couple of days I've been dishing out much smaller servings to myself.  I'm getting enough to be satisfied.  For several years now I have been eating when I wasn't hungry and eating way past full so I'm relearning better eating habits.  I would need to lose about 30 pounds to reach that goal.  Of course I would be happy to just get rid of 20 pounds. 

School starts on the 20th.  That's a Friday.  Don't ask me why they start on a Friday.  I've never been able to understand that.  The summer has flown by, but then time flies by anyway.

Photo of the day, a rerun.  We haven't gone out to take photos in a while.











Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
Philippians 2:3-4

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I think we're closer to the middle of summer really. It begins 6/21 and ends 9/21...more than a month from now, yes? LOL Still, I know when we get close to school starting, most people consider summer about finished. I tend to think that way myself and found myself thinking about what I wrote above just a couple of days ago. Wow. That was long-winded and didn't need being said, did it? LOL I am 5'6" and weighed 125 when I moved to IL in 2000. I stayed there until 2002 when the hormones began running amok. I am at 180 now. I never thought I'd see the day. And I've lost 15 lbs. since I quit taking the Paxil. I would be happy if I could just get to 130 again.

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm 5'6" too, 130 looks good.