I finally took a photo of my wolf painting and it will be the photo of the day. I still haven't been out to take photos. I guess I could photograph the cracks in the yard. There's a big spider sitting on a web in the Iris flowerbed. He's been in that same spot for days, day and night. I thought he was dead but I poked him with a stick and he moved. Normally I would kill him but he's outside not doing me any harm so I'll let him live, for now anyway.
I'm hooked. I bought some Louis L'Amour westerns and read two of them so far. He was a great storyteller. I love a good story and a good storyteller. He's written over 100 novels. I don't know if I want to buy all of them. Where would I put them? I might just check them out of the library instead. That's assuming the library has very many of them. I've heard it said that the computer will take the place of books because you can read books online. But I don't like to read books online. I love books themselves. The smell of books, turning the page, carrying it around with me. The way they look on the shelves. Reading stuff on the computer for long periods of time is hard on the eyes, my eyes anyway.
Photo of the day, the wolf painting.
But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
Philippians 3:7

5 comments:
What a fabulous lobo!! Well done, Kathy! We're getting horrendous heat and humidity too.
I really hope that you do get that rain tomorrow, but I hope you have taken some photos of those cracks in the earth first. I must say, I wish I could be more like you and stop griping about the weather. I can't remember a summer since 1988 when I've complained so much about a hot, humid summer.
Your wolf is beautiful.
I like really books too. You'll never see me reading an e-book.
I agree with you about books; I love the whole look and feel and smell too! And carrying them around with me. I can't imagine reading one on a computer - or even on a portable thingy. I like turning the pages. :)
It sure sounds hot there. It's been hot here, but not as bad as there. I hope you get some rain.
I'm glad you let the spider live. :)
I love your wolf; the coloring is super nice.
Global warming, huh? Then perhaps you could send some of that 'warming' down our way! It's cold and wet and not very warm at all.
I also love to be able to see and feel and smell a book when I read it. The computer is not the same. Nothing can replace curling up with a good book in a cosy spot and with some snacks to keep you going. Since food and computer keyboards don't mix and some computers are too bulky to carry around, I don't think the humble book is on its way out yet.
I'm with you on books. I love to read. I love the library, and the smell of books. There just can't be enough books around :). Your wolf painting is so good! Love that!
Post a Comment