Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

I spent part of the day looking at videos of the events of that day.  It's amazing the way those buildings fell down.  It was horrible to see again but I don't think we should ever forget things like that.  I'm glad the guy who said he was going to burn the Koran didn't do it.  I don't see what purpose that would have served except to cause a great deal of trouble. 

Warm and humid today.  We didn't go anywhere, can't afford to buy extra gas right now.

Yesterday was an unusually busy day for us.  The cooks forgot to empty the grease trap on the grill in the kitchen and when the bug spray guy was there he bumped it and spilled grease everywhere.  It was a big mess to clean up.  We had to take the floor mats outside and scrub them down.  We had to set up the Fellowship Center for a ladies event that occurred today.  They wanted to come in yesterday and decorate for it.  A handle on a commode broke and had to be fixed.  All extra stuff on top of what we usually do.  But it made the time go buy faster, certainly not boring.

My Sunday School teacher/helper has a slipped disc in her neck and won't be there tomorrow.  There will be a substitute in her place.  I do most of the teaching anyway.

Did some laundry, ironed some clothes and baked some chicken, finished reading the book about Tasha Tudor and read some more in the Witness to America book.  My brother is coming over for a visit.  Sassy just loves to have company, she goes nuts when he comes over.  He likes to surf on the Internet.  He doesn't own a computer so he uses Bill's.

Photo of the day, Sassy in all her cuteness.



















For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on the earth, visible and invisible,  whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things have been created by Him and for Him.  And He is before all things and in Him all things hold together.  
Colossians 1:16-17

4 comments:

Ice Queen said...

Sassy is cuteness. <3

I would have chased that bug guy down and made him clean up the grease. With his hair. ^^ lol

Unknown said...

It seems unreal that it has been 9 years already. I still remember that day so vividly.

SchnauzerMom said...

Ice Queen, the only problem with that is that he had extremely short hair, hardly any at all. Must be nice to make a mess and walk away from it.

April said...

I'm so glad that guy in Florida didn't burn the Quran either! I just don't know what he was thinking. Too many times people lump everyone into a group and judge them unfairly. It's happened so many times in history to different groups of people that I just don't know why people can't see that it's just the wrong thing to do.

Sigh...