I finished the front of my crocheted sweater. Now it's time to start on the sleeves. I sure lead an uninteresting life. Makes me wonder why I even want to keep a blog. Oh well, I think I'll keep going anyway.
Yesterday we got really ambitious. Bill vacuumed the whole house and I mopped the kitchen floor. Doesn't sound like much but for us that's a lot of house work.
One car payment left and then it's paid for. I'm going to use some of the extra money to pay off the credit cards and then start putting more into savings. It's better to pay cash for stuff then to charge it on cards it that's at all possible. We've been out of debt and then right back in several times. Will we learn? I don't know. Things come up sometimes.
Morning has broken, like the first morning,
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning!
Praise for them springing, fresh from the Word!
Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven,
Like the first dew fall on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness, where His feet pass.
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!
Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning.
Born of the one light Eden saw play!
Praise with elation, praise every morning.
God's recreation of the new day!
God's recreation of the new day!
- Elenaor Farjean
Photo of the day, Medicine Creek, taken last Summer.
Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
Colossians 3:2
4 comments:
Congrats on paying off the car; that's always a good feeling. Mine got paid off last year and I felt like kicking up my heels!
I love that song (I knew it sung by Cat Stevens way back when).
I can't wait to see your sweater. Now that it's starting to cool off here, I want to start making Margo some little sweaters and things. She's 6 months old now. I've never made things for little people; it might be very fast! :)
I forgot about Cat Stevens singing that song. I remember a version of it by Keith Green. Love it. Making things for little people sounds like fun.
Kathryn, you should keep a blog because you enjoy doing it. Share what you like doing and you'll find that others are interested in it too. Would love to see the sweater!
I had to laugh out loud because just this morning I got down on my hands and knees and used the Mr. Clean scrubber to get the worst of the paint drips and such off the kitchen floor and then mopped the whole thing. Thought I was going to pass out before I was done and so I bet you anything I won't get anything resembling housework done for another week. Whew!
*waving from Texas*
Post a Comment