Since we had the day off we decided to take a road trip. But first we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Then we went home and got Sassy and took off. We went East on Hwy 7 and then picked out a likely looking side road and turned North on it. It passed by a lot of farms and ranches. It eventually turned into a gravel road. Normally I turn off when that happens but this time I decided to follow it to the end. It was a good, wide and well maintained gravel road. We went all the way to the end of it then we had to choose to go either right or left. Since I was doing the driving I choose left, West. We eventually passed through Fletcher and Sterling. In Sterling we stopped for a potty break and then turned North again. I thought we would end up in Apache but we completed bypassed Apache and ended up in Anadarko. We passed through Anadarko and went West as far as Carnegie. Then turned South back toward the mountains. We didn't enter the Refuge. We went as far as Meers (boy was it crowded, people were standing in line) then went East and skirted the North side of Lake Lawtonka. There weren't any boats on the lake because the wind was blowing so hard. From there we went back home. It was a really pleasant trip although it was hazy, probably because of the South wind. When we started out it was nice and cool but by the time we got home it was getting very warm. I think it got up into the 90's. It's supposed to rain Tuesday evening and Wednesday. I really, really hope it does. In case anyone is wondering the town of Meers consists of just one building, a restaurant. It's a very good restaurant but I'm not willing to stand in line for much of anything. Too many other places to eat.
I finished an oil pastel painting put I don't think I'll post it here. It really isn't very good. I enjoyed doing it though and it's good practice.
Besides the Bible right now I'm reading Tasha Tudor's Garden by Tovah Martin and Witness to America edited by Douglas Brinkley. Both are very good books.
Looks like my Sunday School class is going to mostly girls this year. So far only one boy has come. But he's not there every Sunday. I had 6 girls this last Sunday. My other teacher wasn't there because she hurt her neck on Saturday. She probably should have gone to the emergency room but she has chosen to wait until Tuesday to see her regular doctor. Hope nothing is seriously wrong. She said it was starting to swell a little. I had a substitute teacher. He didn't really teach because it was such short notice. He was mostly crowd control. I don't know if he liked being in a room full of girls. I noticed he glanced at the clock several times.
All that riding around we did and we didn't take a single picture. So I guess I'll put an old one here. Looking to the West from the Holy City. Taken last Fall or Winter.
And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19
4 comments:
Cracker Barrel... yummy!
Hope your class picks up. If nothing else I hope you have regular attendees.
Your road trip sounds like fun. A mini adventure! What a wonderful way to spend a 'free' day.
I love road trips or day drives like this. M and I haven't done that since he lost his job though. We did go about 15 miles away yesterday for a small walk along the river. Just needed to drink in the breezes.
It sounds like you had a nice Labor Day. I hope the teacher is okay. I'm surprised she would wait that long to see a doctor, if it was bothering her.
I'd love to read the Tasha Tudor book; she is so talented! I hope I can have gardens as beautiful as hers someday.
Post a Comment