We had our usual breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then did our shopping at Walmart. I love cheese and I wanted to try something new so I got some cheese called Asiago. Not a good thing. It has a very strong taste and smell. Bill didn't like it either. So, write that down as something NOT to repeat. I did get a gluten free baking mix (Walmart is stocking lots of gluten free stuff now). Apple and cinnamon muffins. They taste GREAT! More than made up for the cheese.
We had an upset the other day. They are going to make some changes in the custodians at the church. The one who is currently in charge is going to be moved to a different job and a new one is going to be hired as head custodian. Personally I thought they should give the job to Bill and I was really hurt and offended when they didn't. But, Bill didn't want the job anyway in spite of the higher pay. It would have a lot more responsibility. He would have to deal with the public a lot more and be in charge of a lot of stuff. If anyone had a problem or a complaint they would take it out on him. If the alarm goes off in the middle of the night (and that has happened) he would be the one called to deal with it. Bill had the job years ago when the church was smaller then he quit and we moved away. He just doesn't want the stress and headaches that come with it now. All he and I do is clean stuff. If someone has a problem we tell them to go talk to so and so, he's in charge. I have no idea who they are going to hire for the job. He has to be a church member and there are no benefits, no insurance or anything. Well, we do get paid vacation and sick leave. The guy who has the job right now is not good with people. He has a very short temper and has offended at least half the church. That's why they're moving him on. I hope and pray they find the right man for the job.
I started a new colored pencil painting the other day. I'm really happy with the way it is turning out.
I finished the book on Tasha Tudor's garden and now I'm going to start one called The Private World of Tasha Tudor. I also started the Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson. I'm still working on Witness to America. It's going to take a while because it's made up of several essays. Good stuff.
No new photos, so I'll post another oldie. This is looking South from Rush Lake on the Refuge. I think it would make a good painting. May do it sometime soon.
For He delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Colossians 1:13-14

4 comments:
I'm glad that you got some rain out of that system. You can always use it.
You are so soft hearted, worrying about that spider. I would have been watching and waiting for the little bugger to go swirling away in the downpour. lol
And I come away with the idea of the spider and its tenacity. I need that image right now. I can see why Bill wouldn't want the job but it would have been nice to have been asked, yes? Can't wait to see your next drawing/painting!
I love your new blog look! Those 'upsets' can be so disappointing. I've had some at work recently and the stress and upset they cause can take a few days to get over. Hope they find the right person soon. Can't believe they had someone in there who behaved the way the former one did.
I have never looked at Wal Mart for gluten free stuff. I will have to check that out. The muffins sounded yummy :). My hubby loves Asiago cheese. It is really strong, which he loves.
Post a Comment