We slept in all the way to 7:30 and then Sassy insisted that we get up. Ate breakfast at a new place in town called Golden Dove. The food was excellent and the servings were huge. I got enough food for three meals, can't beat that. We'll probably go back there soon.
We did our usual shopping and Sassy got her nails clipped. We sold some books to Hastings, they gave us over $41 for them. So I bought a new book and we got 3 movies. We went over the $41 and paid the difference which wasn't very much.
I've been thinking about my little pity party last Saturday. I went to the Ladies Fellowship with the idea of what they could do for me. I think that's why I didn't have a very good time. I need to go with the idea of reaching out to others. I think I will go to the next function, don't know when that will be. They don't seem to plan very many things.
"Worry is an old man with bended head, carrying a load of feathers which he thinks are lead." I read that Corrie Ten Boom used to recite this couplet. If anyone knows how to deal with worry I think she would be one. I found this in the book Slaying the Giants in Your Life by David Jeremiah. Great book.
Photo of the day, a rerun, if it was good the first time, it's good the second time too.
And this is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all.
1 John 1:5

1 comment:
A wonderful post. I was at your pity party with you! I tried to comment but I have problems with my computer and comments now and then. It wouldn't go through. Anyhoo, I feel just like you at your pity party. I think I choose to be like you with the Corrie Ten Boom saying also, and reaching out to others instead of feeling bad. That's much healthier and positive than my first and natural reaction to ladies groups and wanting a friend.
Post a Comment