We're watching the last of our Christmas movies, The Nativity Story. They did a great job in telling the story. We went through our Christmas movies so fast, maybe we should start over and watch them again.
We ventured out today and got a new Christmas tree. For the last several years we have had small trees and we wanted a 6 foot one. We got it on sale at KMart. They were crowded but people were very patient and friendly. It looks beautiful, fits perfectly in the place that we have for it. For the first time in years I have been able to use all my ornaments. Well, actually I didn't use the Star Trek ones this year. We put them on our little tree last year. Not in a Star Trek mood this Christmas. Too bad we don't have any presents under it. There probably won't be any either. We haven't purchased gifts in several years. Sassy doesn't seem to be very impressed by the tree. She sniffed it a little and then ignored it. I'll take a picture of it later.
Photo of the day, this is a new statue of a Buffalo Soldier located on one of the main streets of town.
The one who loves his brother abides in the light and there is no cause for stumbling in him.
1 John 2:10

2 comments:
I'm sure people would enjoy receiving the crotchet crosses. I always wanted a crotchet cross when I was a little girl (this is not a hint) and was so thrilled when I finally got one but then soon after I gave it away to someone who needed it more. I always think they are such a lovely thing to have in your Bible.
Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.
Thanks, we did have a great Thanksgiving. I have a crochet cross that my grandmother made probably before I was born. That's what inspired me.
Post a Comment