Sunday, November 7, 2010

Time Change

I like it when we fall back, we get an extra hour of sleep.  The spring forward is more difficult, losing an hour.  I think everyone made it to church on time, no one was here too early.  We only had 4 girls in Sunday School.  I have a feeling that we have lost the boys.  If Bill was still in the class we could probably get them to come.  But, a girl's class is OK.

The Women's Ministry had a party yesterday and I decided to go to it.  I was really looking forward to it and expecting to have a good time.  Unfortunately it was a big disappointment.  It seems to be mostly a social club.  If you're part of the in-crowd people will talk to you, otherwise you sit on the sidelines and watch.  I was the new person there but only two people introduced themselves and even then they didn't stick around to talk.  I tried to carry on a conversation with the people that I was sitting next too but I couldn't get much out of them.  I've always hated going to this type of thing because I've never been a part of the in-crowd and probably will never be.  It's always been my belief that you should go to the new person and spend some time with them getting to know them and making them feel comfortable.  The reason I went is because sometimes I feel like maybe I'd like to have the company of other women, some women friends.  I haven't had a best friend since the 6th grade.  After that we started moving a lot and I never was able to make another friend.  It takes a long time to make a good friend and I'm such an introvert that it's difficult.  I think I'll leave things like they are.  To be perfectly honest I much prefer talking to kids than trying to get a word in edge wise with a bunch of women.

We went back to the library the other day and I got 3 new books.  I'm a Sooner Born by Chloe Holt Glessner, Toughest of Them All by Glenn Shirley and Papa Jack, Cowman from the Wichitas by Paul McClung.  So far they are all very interesting.

Haven't  done any artwork.  I did work a while on a quilt yesterday.

Ooops, forgot the weather report.  It's been really chilly in the mornings and then it warms up into the 70's in the afternoons.  Nice fall weather in Oklahoma.

Photo of the day, an older one that I took in the fall.
















 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
1 Peter 1:20-21

No comments: