I'm almost through with my library books. They're not due until November 12 but Bill's videos are due back this week. We're still watching them. He checked out several of the 80's TV show Murder She Wrote. Really nice to watch without commercials.
Saturday night we had Family Fun Night at the church. Lots of games, food and fun for the kids. Bill and I did the Children's Cakewalk. It was fun to see the little kids trying to win cakes. We gave out almost 50 cakes, cupcakes and cookies. We had lots of help cleaning up, we were home by 8:00, not bad.
Well the holidays are in full swing now. In a short while we will have Thanksgiving and then Christmas and New Year's. It all goes so fast. I love the holiday season, especially Christmas. I love Christmas Carols and last year I heard very few of them. I'm going to make an effort to play the old carols this year. We have a bunch of movies that we watch every year sort of as a tradition. I enjoy that too.
I believe that on December 21, 2012 a lot of people are going to be disappointed. The day will come and go and not much of anything will happen. At least not all the junk that "they're" predicting. It certainly won't be the end of the world because Jesus said that no man knows the day or the hour, only God and I just don't believe that He told Nostra what's his name either.
Photo of the day, new fangled windmills.
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.
2 Peter 1:2-3

3 comments:
Hi friend! I really can't believe that Halloween is already over and the good holidays are so close now. I hope they don't fly by too quickly for you this year and that you get to enjoy every second of them.
I'm looking forward to the holidays too! I have a lot of things to make between now and then though so need to get busy soon.
I can relate to wanting to be off the computer for awhile; I've been doing the same thing and some days I don't check emails, etc. at all. I don't always like being "tuned in", but I'd sure miss it if I didn't have the choice. :) I just can't let it dictate my day every day!
It seems unreal that Christmas is only a month and a half away! And Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away! I love the Holiday season, and am looking forward to it :). It sounds like you have been busy reading. Reading is probably way better for our minds than being on the computer!
Post a Comment