Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's Over

My vacation that is.  It ended yesterday.  We got some really good rain on Friday and Saturday, even some thunderstorms, it was wonderful.  Of course sleeping late every day made it difficult to get up at our normal time this morning.  I did very little of the things that I had planned but that's alright.  They'll get done some other time.

We had 7 kids in Sunday School this morning, 6 girls and 1 boy.  I wish we could get some more boys to come.  They usually come one at a time and ask where are all the other boys.  If they would come at the same time we would have 3 here.  Still outnumbered by girls. 

We went to the public library Friday and got our cards renewed.  I know I'm already reading several books that I own but I sit them aside to read the ones that I checked out.  Bill checked out DVD's, hooked on movies.  When I was a kid we moved around a lot and every town we lived in Mom would take us to the library and my brother and I would get library cards.  A dyed in the wool bookworm. 

The weather today is absolutely gorgeous I wish we could go somewhere but that's not possible right now.  Oh well.  The rain kinda cleared the air around here, allergies are a little calmer.  I'm looking forward to cooler weather. 

I didn't get any good pictures of the cemeteries maybe next time. 

Photo of the day, another one taken at the Fort Sill National Cemetery.  I'm running out of new pictures.  Need to take some more.

 















Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

3 comments:

Just Amy said...

Oh! I really love the visual that flag from the bottom photo gives! Well done you.

We got no rain. None whatsoever. Which means the top 1/4" of West Texas soil will be blowing your way today with these 50 mph winds. Sorry. Our dirt sucks!

Unknown said...

I love books too. I guess the new rage is Kindle, which is books on this little hand held device. I told my husband that for me, it would take away the whole experience of reading. I just love having lots and lots of books laying around.

SchnauzerMom said...

Well so far we are not getting any Texas dust. Hope it doesn't happen.