Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vacation

Yesterday we went to Hastings and rented some movies.  Other than that we just laid around the house.

A friend's mother passed away the other day and we thought the funeral was today.  We drove all the way over to Marlow for it and it turned out to be a wild goose chase.  The funeral is tomorrow.  Oh well, we know where the church is anyway.

After our little drive to Marlow we decided to ride around and  check out some of the cemeteries around here.  We went to the one in Walters to try to find some of my ancestors.  I think we did in Walters, the names were really familiar anyway.  We really need to go to Clovis, New Mexico.  My mom's family moved there during the Great Depression.  We'd find several family members there.  At least my grandmother and her siblings.  It was fun just riding around.  Sassy enjoyed getting out and sniffing.  Now were at home watching one of the movies we rented.

A cold front came through last night and we got a small amount of rain.  Today it was pretty cool most of the day.  

Photo of the day, another one taken last week when we took a drive.  Hay bales in a field.














For Christ also died for sins once for all; the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit.
1 Peter 3: 18

2 comments:

Just Amy said...

Hey - if and when you guys do make it to Clovis, please let me know. Maybe I could go to my dad's new house that weekend and we could meet for coffee or something -- Clovis is like barely an hour away from his place close to Lubbock! I'd love to meet you in person.

I've been making some day trips to all the local cemetaries I can find. Got interested when I was looking at a friend's pics from cemetaries over in Europe! I'm trying to find our earlies gravestones in this area as they would be nothing compared to hers. So far have found one from 1918 and that's it. Surely there are earlier (late 1800's) graves in this area???? Anyway, cemetaries are some of my most favorite places to visit. Do you have any photos from yours??

*waving from here*
Amy

SchnauzerMom said...

That would be so cool. It all depends on if we can get some money to pay for the trip. I have a few photos still on the camera, Bill took more pictures than I did though.