I've been on a roll with my art. I did 3 paintings in the last couple of days. One colored pencil of birds. One soft pastel of Jed Johnson Lake on the Refuge and one oil pastel of Monument Valley. When I die I'll have this huge stack of paintings that someone is going to have to toss out. That's their problem. I'm having a good time making them anyway. It's sad to me to go into places like Goodwill and Salvation Army and see things like knitted and crocheted afghans that someone spent a lot of time on making for a loved one and when they pass away that person doesn't want the gift anymore and gives it to Goodwill. Oh well, I'll be dead and won't know about it anyway.
We're on vacation this week. Can't afford to go anywhere so we'll stay home and hang out. Clean house, wash the car, dig up the Iris, read books, watch movies, things like that. We probably will take a few short road trips.
I had a poem that I wanted to post here but I put the book back up on the shelf and I don't want to get up and go get it. So maybe I'll post it another time.
Photo of the day, another one that I took of the mountains while we were at the Fort Sill Cemetery.
For you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and abiding word of God. For all flesh is like grass, and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls off, but the word of the Lord abides forever. And this is the word which was preached to you.
1 Peter 1:23-25

No comments:
Post a Comment