We had a nice rain last night. There were thunderstorms all around and some of them were severe but not on us. It was nice and cool today. We had the day off so it made for a pleasant day. Slept in until 8:00. We didn't really go anywhere until almost noon. Then we decided to visit some of the cemeteries around here. There is a veteran's cemetery that is pretty new. We went there to check it out. It had a wonderful view of the hills. Of course the residents there couldn't appreciate it but their visitors could. We drove around to some of the small towns and looked at their cemeteries. Reading tombstones is very interesting. Some of them were really old. The people were born in the mid nineteenth century and passed away in the early 20th. One cemetery had mostly young people, babies and children. Very sad. I didn't find any that might have been related to me but then, I think my mom's family mostly lived further south. Down around Walters and Temple. I think we'll go down there sometime soon. I like history and looking up ancestors, that type of stuff. Sassy seemed to enjoy getting out and snooping around. It wasn't easy getting her back in the car though.
You know, I complain a lot about the pain in my feet but I have noticed that even though they hurt 24/7 they seemed to have reached stopping point. They're not getting any worse. Which is a good thing. I can live with what I've got, don't need pain pills.
I think the storms and rain cleaned up the air, at least for a while, allergies weren't so bad today.
Photo of the day, taken on our little road trip. I took several photos. I think I'll just post one a day and kinda spread them out. This first one is Mt. Scott. taken from the Ft. Sill National Cemetery.
But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breasplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation.
1 Thessalonians 5:8
3 comments:
I love looking at old cemeteries. Such history there. That is a beautiful picture of Mt. Scott. I didn't even know there were any mountains like that near where you lived!
We have a whole range of little mountains/hills near us, called the Wichita Mountains.
I really enjoy reading about your days off. I am another who loves roaming around old cemeteries, so I understand the appeal.
I hope the allergies are still good and I hope that you can figure something out for those feet of yours, that doesn't require medication.
The photo is beautiful.
Post a Comment