Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Artic Blast

Cold weather is coming, supposed to get down into the teens and serious wind chills. Oh well, it's winter after all. They're not saying anything about moisture, snow or freezing rain and that's good. The snow from our blizzard a couple weeks ago is nearly gone.

I haven't done any art work the last couple of days. I might start something after church tonight.
My stomach is feeling better all the time. I've been studying gluten intolerance and celiac disease. It takes months, even years for your body to heal. My problem is that I've never given it enough time. I get in to0 big of a hurry. It's been about 2 months now and I can tell a major difference.

I finished the back of my sweater and I've made good progress on the front. I've got enough yarn to make 2 more sweaters so I'll be busy for months. One of the other ones will be crochet and one knit. Then I think I'll take the left over yarn and make a snuggie for Bill. I found a free pattern for a crochet one at Hobby Lobby.

Photo of the day, another one that I took on our road trip last Friday.



For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I am just awed by the fact that you work so hard at your job and can still find the energy to do things at home. Since starting this job, I find I am exhausted all of the time. Hard to use my hands too as they are split and cracked from one end to the other. Looking forward to your next piece, Karen.

April said...

We've been in the middle of some arctic blast all week! It's been in the teens at night and we got snow at our cabin while we were there. And we might get snow tonight here in town too. Snow here is fun though because it doesn't last very long and we usually get a day off work since the city doesn't have the equipment to remove it. Stay warm! :)

I'm glad you're feeling better with your gluten free diet. I read recently that the majority of people have problems with gluten and aren't even aware of it.

I can't wait to see your sweaters!

Unknown said...

We have gotten snow every day for about a week. It sure is pretty, but we are used to it here. You guys aren't! I love it, but those who aren't used to it probably don't love it as much as I do :).

Good for you for staying gluten free! It is hard, but so worth it. Evie has been gluten free, dairy free, soy free for about 3 months now, and I am amazed at the difference. It is crazy how much food can affect both the stomach/gut and behavior!